Thursday, June 24, 2010

Lenovo S10-3

Been having Lenovo S10-3 for quite sometime now and can't really bring myself to truthfully say this is my new "Digital Pet". My Dell Studio One 19 currently still holds that spot. For a number of reasons.

For those who have no idea what a S10-3 is. Well..its a netbook. Look at the picture below to get the ball rolling.
Everyone who seen it so far likes the criss cross mosaic pattern of the cover. I do too and still love it now. In fact that's what make me purchased it in the first place.

What a big mistake. A SGD578 dollars mistake.

Okay first thing first, let's start with the thing that's REALLY BOTHERING ME - ITS FREAKINGLY AGONIZINGLY HAIR-TEARINGLY SLOW!!!!!

If i know it will be this bad. I should had just get a laptop. Don't mind the size.

The netbook seems light enough to my friends but I had weighed a number of netbooks on my hand before. And trust me, my hands had felt lightest. I did weighed the S10-3 before the purchase though. But that was without batteries. Once again, I had fallen into prey of the infamous 'battery trap' again. Just like what I did with my Dell laptop (now in the hands of the evil twins). When will I ever learn????

Something fascinating is the QS (Quick Start) button. Main purpose of the thing is for quick access/bootup for web surfing purposes. Tried it but since it doesn't startup my Mobile BroadBand program, I'd never really see the whole thing go through. Once day I might bring it out someday but that will be quite a painful chore as till date, I had seen no netbook bag to my fancy.

The touchpad.......Arh....one big joke. Nobody in the world, judging for personal experience and online readers and editors reviews, would use this thing in his or her right mind unless he or she is desperate without a mouse at hand. Nuff said.

Well the rest is still minor issues, its the speed (or lack of) that is really killing my impatient soul. Regardless its the only thing I have and is able to bring to the states so I guess I have to really make do. Let's pray pray pray HARD that it will get SO MUCH better. PLEASE~~~

No comments: