Saturday, January 31, 2009

Changes

My FF3 broke down on me. Keep giving me popups ranging from antivirus ads to Google -_-III

Seriously if I need to google sth I can just simply type it in the address bar. And I don't have the tendency to make a search on google every 3 mins. 

So here I am chewing on fried cuttlefish and uninstalling FF3. It's time for a change.

Nowadays browsers are so common that I can just install and uninstall one every month and still have much to experiment on. 
My current experiment being Google Chrome, so far its performing up to satisfactory. Browsing speed is comparable to FF3 and seems quite light on my already draggy system (sth FF3 can't seem to do). It's also relatively easy to use and definately has a faster startup time than FF3. Startup time has always been one of my biggest concern when using FF3. When you need something urgently and FF3 takes it damn sweet time to startup, I really feel like smashing the laptop on the floor. Which isn't hard to do since My laptop is pretty lightweight and I would have done so if I didn't constantly remind myself that this is my only laptop and I really DON"T WANT VISTA on board any PC I'm using.

But it's too early to tell as well. This is only the 1st day I'm using Chrome. FF3 tooks a few mths before it starts giving me probs. So I'll just have to wait and see. 

I've already chosen Opera as my next experiment anyway.
 

No comments: